Composites Canada is has everything needed for wind blade repair, in stock, and ready to ship.
Doing Leading Edge Maintenance?
We have two LEP solutions ready to go:
Our urethane coating is the only fully impact resistant wind blade coating on the market, and will save you days of labor per turbine:
- Apply in a single pass. Coat the leading edge, and you’re done.
- Pre-tinted RAL 7035 grey means no extra paint or topcoating.
- Cartridge dispensing means no mixing, no waste, no mess.
- Specially designed brushes make consistent application a breeze.
- Industry leading erosion protection, by a wide margin.
Our leading edge tape is even faster to apply. Squeegee on to the blade leading edge and be done!
- Stocked in 8” width, premeasured for one roll per turbine.
- RAL grey means no pre-painting.
- No humidity concerns, can be applied even in light rain!
Epoxy filler for leading edge repairs that:
- Dispenses from a cartridge for no mess and no waste.
- Sands fast like urethane but without the humidity concerns.
- Retains the flexibility of the LEP for long term performance.
- Designed specifically for the needs of the wind blade repair industry.
Fixing Lightning Strikes, Bird Strikes or Doing Structural Repairs?
We have resin kits and multiaxial fabrics ready to go:
- Epoxies and vinylesters for good bond and water resistance.
- Fast cure for quick turnaround.
- Multiaxial fabrics, UD’s and scrim by the roll or by the yard, as used by OEM wind blade manufacturers.
- RAL 7035 urethane topcoats for fast application and industry leading weather resistance.
- Cores, both balsa and foam in all standard sizes.
- Gelcoats and materials for polyester blades, in standard blade colours.
Doing Installations and Upgrades to Existing Wind Farms?
We have the stock you need for installations:
- Acrylic foam tape and adhesion promoters for serration installs
- Sealants pre-tinted to RAL7035
- Adhesive removers and cleaners for LEP upgrades or replacements.
Don’t forget about process materials: masking tapes, cleaners, abrasives, heat blankets and vacuum drying systems, we have the inventory and experience to help you get onsite and off as fast as possible.